It's a GIRL!
I know this is really the first time I've really blogged about this pregnancy so I figured I'd start with the detail most everyone always wants to know.
We found out last week that we were having another girl. Honestly, I would have been fine with either a boy or a girl, but I think it will be neat for Lilly to have a sister. I never had a sister growing up and I look forward to seeing the relationship between Lilly and her little sister develop. Today, someone at church actually told me that there's supposed to be scientific evidence that states that girls are more healthy if they grow up having a sister...I thought it was cute that she told me that since she's a mom of 3 girls under 4, but I also had to chuckle since I'm the only girl with 3 brothers in my family ;)
And let's be honest - the practicality of having another girl is just that much easier. (Does that sound bad? Oh well, that's just the way my mind works!) They'll be sharing a room so I won't have to redecorate, I already have lots of girl clothes (thank you hand-me-downs!), and I already know what to "do" with a girl. We won't have to toss around new subjects like circumcision, etc. that come with boy territory.
And I guess since I spilled the beans on the gender I should go ahead and tell you that we've decided on a name - Mallory Jane. We like Mallory because it has double L's in the middle and a Y on the end like Lilly, but we all actually have double consonants in our names so that's what we were basing all of our choices around. Jane is Geoff's maternal grandma's name and I just think it sounds so sweet with Mallory.
We had been tossing names around before we found out what we were having but once Geoff saw it was a girl at the appointment, he just looked at me and said "It's Mallory. We're naming her Mallory." with such an excitement in his voice. I thought we'd still consider our options, but he got me when he asked Lilly what her sister's name was and she said, "Mallry". And now she says it all the time - when she sees my belly, when we sort through hand-me-downs we've gotten, etc. It really melts my heart...she's going to be such a good big sister!
No comments:
Post a Comment