Monday, December 12, 2011

Just what I needed

THIS is exactly what I needed to read this morning!

I'm not sure why, well no, I take that back. I know exactly why I do this to myself each year. It's part personality and part letting modern-day idols distract me from what's really important, not just during Christmas but all year.

I let myself get caught up in the hustle and bustle. I let myself start comparing what I'm doing to what friends are doing. I let technology (Facebook, pinterest, etc.) make me feel inadequate, like I'm not doing "enough". Not that technology is a bad thing (idols can come in the form of good things), but when it creates in me a mood that interferes with my relationship with the Lord and with my family, it's just not good.

So today I am giving myself permission to stay in our jammies on this rainy day and veg out while catching up on the laundry I've been neglecting trying to "do everything" this holiday season.

No comments:

Post a Comment