Friday, March 19, 2010

Hitting the Pavement

That's right, I'm training for my first official 5K! I started training this week and am following the Couch to 5K training plan. I like it because it's a 9 week plan versus the usual 6 week plan. This way I only have to train 3 days a week vs. 5 days.

Days 1 and 2 have gone pretty well. I thought for sure I would breeze through Day 1, but was quickly reminded just how fast your body gets out of shape! Day 1 left me feeling a little blurry-eyed and way out of breath - and that's only running 60 second intervals and walking 90 second intervals. Day 2 was good. I finished feeling really good - no blurry vision or lack of breath.

Today was my rest day and hopefully I'll go running tomorrow. We're supposed to be registering for a 5K that's the weekend after Mother's Day so there's no backing out. I'm hoping that I can do it. I don't want to run one unless I can run it the whole way - no walking allowed :)

I'll keep you posted on my progress...

No comments:

Post a Comment