I took Lilly to her 15 month appointment earlier this week and all is well. Not that I thought anything was wrong, but it's always nice to hear the Dr. say she's progressing like she should.
Lilly is 32 inches tall (90th percentile) and weighs 23.8 pounds (65th percentile). The Dr. said she'll be long and lean, just like her mommy! She also met all of her developmental milestones - walks well, talks enough, will color when she holds a crayon, etc.
She also got two more vaccines - Pc and HIB. Can I tell you how much I hate seeing her get shots? It really just breaks my heart. She's usually over it as soon as you pick her up, but not this time. She was still crying as we walked down the hall to check out. Mind you, this was after I had tried calming her down in the room. I didn't want her to startle any other unsuspecting babies - LOL! But I keep telling myself and that she is a bit overdramatic in her older months now (she really is! more on that later...)
The only other new development at 15 months is SEPARATION ANXIETY! Ugh! I really thought we may have snuck by this monster since it starts in most babies around 9 months, but nope! Lilly has become super clingy lately. She used to go to anyone freely, with no cares in the world. Now, she will stop walking and start crying, begging to be picked up, as we approach a door - any door - even if I am going to walk through it with her and stay. It's crazy! I just keep trying to reassure her so she knows mommy and daddy will always come back to get her if we are leaving her.
7 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment