Friday, July 9, 2010

Please excuse my absence. I know I was excited about posting and the babysitter and all that in my last post, but...the babysitter thing didn't work out as well as I'd hoped for.

Let's just say that my type-A personality had e.v.e.r.y detail laid out and it still resulted in Lilly eating half of a box of Kashi crackers and 3 juice boxes in 4 hours. Yes, 3...when she only gets 1 on special occasions like going to the beach, etc. So my poor baby had the worst tummy ache and was super clingly when I got home, and had quite the diaper load with all that fiber!

I just can't use her anymore, which makes me feel bad because she's super sweet, but I have to remind my people-pleasing self that it's about Lilly now.

Thankfully I haven't had an overwhelming amount of work so I haven't really needed a sitter since then.

So I'm back to the drawing board on sitters. I think I'm going to wait till summer is over and see if I can find a college student at Stetson...we'll see.

1 comment:

  1. Girl, I feel you on the sitter thing. Now that my mom is so busy with my dad and I am so tired and big, I am going to try some of the girls from my church. They're all college age and work in the nursery (and some work at preschools too), so they know Holder which is a plus for me. The first few times I am going to try and stay around the house. Good luck- I haven't had too much luck with the girls I found from Stetson (not that you won't). It's really tough leaving your baby with someone else that's not family. And please, I have gotten into arguments with both Dave and my mom about things they've done watching him too! Type-A is fun!

    ReplyDelete