Tuesday, August 24, 2010

And So it Ends: A Summer in Review

Well, here it is...the end of summer! I seriously can't believe it is over already. Not that I'm sending kids off to school or anything, but I kind of feel like that fun summer spirit is over.

Even though we didn't do anything extravagant, we still had a fairly busy summer. Geoff spent the summer in P2 - the second stage of Paramedic school. He did have two weeks off recently in which got to spend some fun family time together. I'm so proud of him though because even though he didn't get to have much fun with Lilly and I, he passed his finals with a 96! All that hard work paid off!
In July Lilly and I went to South FL with my mom for my cousin's baby shower. It was a quick trip but still fun to go down and see everyone! Kelly has since had her baby and she is
precious. The fun kept coming when Geoff's brother and his girlfriend came into town to celebrate the 4th with us. Lilly had a great time with her Uncle Jason and Aunt Cristy.

We also had a fun, impromptu visit from more South FL family as they passed through on a road trip. It was quick, but fun to
catch up and eat at one of our favorite mexican restaurants...it was tradition to always eat there with my dad when they visited so of course we had to keep it up!
At the end of the month my mom had her condo in Ormond Beach so Lilly and I spent four days over there with her because Geoff's schedule was packed with class, work and clinicals for school. The place we stayed had a great pool with a lazy river and water slide. Lilly was obsessed with the pool and the beach to say the least. One thing I can tell you, vacationing at the beach with a toddler is not relaxing in the least...especially without your husband there to help. Nonetheless I had a great time and absolutely LOVED seeing Lilly play with her beach toys and run nonstop in and out of the ocean over and over again.

August has been pretty busy so far. In a previous post I alluded to a new craft area in the laundry room. Well, it's for my new embroidery machine :) I bought a friend's embroidery machine at the end of July and now I'm contemplating opening up my own business to sell cute embroidered items. I'm excited, but I still have a few "business" items to take care of before I can officially open up shop. In the meantime I'm having lots of fun practicing on Lilly's clothes and some fun gifts for friends.


Geoff also surprised me with a quick getaway during his time off from school! I was simultaneously planning a surprise Goo Goo Dolls concert getaway for him during the exact same time but he had more planned when I told him about it so we went on his trip...LOL. We went away to Amelia Island for four days. It was nice to get away and reconnect as husband and wife without a toddler but I was really missing Lilly by the time we left. We spent our days sleeping in, napping, going to the beach, and getting caught in the rain during bike rides.
Lilly's Grama and Poppa Daniel kept her for us. They must have done a really good job because it seriously took Lilly 10 seconds to recognize us when we walked in the door. She literally starred at us and then something just 'clicked' and she reached out for us.



To cap off Geoff's time off from school, we took Lilly to the Central Florida Zoo and tried out a new restaurant in town, Vienna's Restaurant. Let me tell you - they have the best cream of mushroom soup! When the time comes for pregnancy cravings again, you can bet that will be one of them...yum!

And while summer comes to an end for us, these next four months bring plenty to keep us all busy, but I'm excited...and I promise I'll be better at updating Lilly's happenings!

No comments:

Post a Comment