Thursday, September 16, 2010

18 months - no pictures

Yeah, yeah, yeah - I'm late getting up Lilly's 18 month post, but would you expect anything else from me? LOL!

I took Lilly for her 18 month well-baby check up almost 2 weeks ago now. When we got there Lilly was in high spirits trying to say hi to everyone in the waiting room (she's our little social butterfly) She quickly changed spirits when we went back and got her undressed for her weigh-in, etc. She was hesitant of the nurse and became pretty clingy, especially after her hemoglobin finger prick - though she didn't cry. She did hate the band aid on her finger and kept pulling it off before her blood had clotted so we had to replace it a few times.

It took a while for the dr. to come in and see us so keeping Lilly occupied was tough considering she wasn't feeling it. It doesn't help that our dr.'s office probably has the worst decor/wall murals for a pediatricians office I've ever seen, and certainly don't entice little ones. I'll take a picture to prove it next time we're there!

As soon as the dr. came in Lilly lit up because she loves the interaction with the dr. - saying her words, showing her that she can run/walk, etc. She didn't like the dr. looking in her ears however, so the appt. took another turn for the worse and she straight up refused to let the dr. touch her after that! Thankfully most of the appt. was over, but still, I had questions to ask. Plus, I always feel bad if Lilly cries because I feel like she's scaring the other little kids who are waiting in their rooms.

Here are her stats: 24.7 lbs (50th percentile), 32.5 inches tall (75th percentile), and her hemoglobin is "smidge" low according to the dr. so we've increased her iron intake with pureed strawberries in her morning yogurt.

Other than that we have a healthy little girl and I praise God for her health everyday!

1 comment:

  1. Those wonder twins crack me up. Same EXACT stats, including low hemoglobin (although they think Holder's was because of his recent antibiotics for his ear infection)!!!

    ReplyDelete