Sunday, October 2, 2011

Sunday, Sunday

Can I tell you how much I'm loving this cooler weather?! I've had the windows open the last two days thanks to a beautiful breeze we get at our house, and it has just put a little pep in my step.

Today was a great day overall. We went to late service at church but had to miss Sunday School because Geoff had gotten transferred to a station out by the International Airport so it took him longer than usual to get home and we would've been way late. So we decided not to rush and take our time getting ready for church this morning.

After church we came home and ate lunch together - leftovers all around - spaghetti squash with a homemade marinara meat sauce. Well, Lilly didn't eat actually. She wanted to color with her markers instead...I think she ate too many snacks in Sunday School. After lunch I put Lilly down for her nap and Mallory was sleeping in the swing so I headed up to the Starbucks at Target to meet two of my girlfriends from Bible Study. It was so nice to get out and have some "girl talk" for a few hours.

We were going to go up to the park when I got home but I remembered that our children's choir was starting rehearsals today for their little Christmas performance. I had talked to Lilly about it because she is constantly, constantly, constantly singing and dancing around the house, so I thought she may enjoy it, and she seemed excited. Plus, who doesn't think it's adorable to watch all the little kids sing and dance...they just look so sweet singing off key :) So I came home, nursed Mallory and headed back out the door with Lilly. Geoff was feeling kind of "blah" (in his words) so he stayed home with Mallory.

Lilly did OK at her first rehearsal. She did stand up on the stage for the first 15 min. and then it was a little touch-and-go from there. Coming down to sit with me, two trips to the potty, and many dance moves on stage later, it was over. I just had to laugh at her. All of my friends, including the choir director, told me she did good for her first time and that it usually takes a few rehearsals for them to "get it". I guess we'll see. I've got to figure out how to get the pictures off my phone and to my blog (yes, I'm new to the whole techy-phone thing) because I've got a cute picture of her acting like she's conducting everyone who's singing.

Then we came home and ate dinner. Geoff was still feeling "blah" so I made myself a nice salad for dinner and an Almond Butter & Jelly (AB&J) sandwich for Lilly since she had been asking for one all day. Then it was bath and bed time for the girls.

Tonight was a bit different at bed time because it's the first night both girls are sleeping in their room together. Mallory has started waking up more often at night, after STTN for a week (8pm - 5am), and I think it's because she is getting too big for her bassinet. She scoots a lot in her sleep and she always ends up stuck in the top corner and I think it's waking her up. I was (and still am) a little nervous to see how everything plays out over night though. Lilly went down like normal but Mallory wasn't quite ready to go down so I brought her back out after story time to see if I could get her to sleep before putting her in the crib. She finally fell asleep after nursing again so I took her in and laid her down. Lilly was still awake and very happy to see me come in with Mallory, "Mallory come sleep with me now?!" she exclaimed in a very excited whisper. I told her yes, but that she needed to remember to be quiet and stay in bed so no one gets woken up. So far so good, but now I have to go out and get the video monitor I've been eyeing because I just know curiosity is going to get the best of Lilly and she's going to try and get in that crib with Mallory :) If all goes well through the night tonight, I think Mallory may have her permanent place in the room with her sister.

Hope you all had a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment