Saturday, October 1, 2011

Miss Mallory

It's been just over two months since little Miss Mallory was born and boy have those days flown by! It's so true what so many of my friends told me while I was pregnant though - life is going at warp speed and she is growing so fast, but it's hard to remember our family without her.

Mallory is just the sweetest little girl I know! She is always giving the biggest smiles, especially first thing in the morning, and saying sweet little coos. It's definitely a refreshing change from the months of colic we dealt with when Lilly was her age!



Lilly refusing to smile at the camera for a picture, and Mallory getting tired...these are the days!

At 2 months you:

- are nursing every 2.5 - 4 hours during the day, depending on how long you nap. (AKA - how quiet your sister decides to be - oh, the life of being the second child)

- are sleeping well at night, giving us at minimum a 4 hour chunk, but usually 5 or 6 hours. You did give us a week of completely sleeping through the night where you didn't wake up until 5 or 5:30 and that was wonderful, but short lived :(

- are not really a fan of your paci, which is weird for me since your sister was addicted to hers. You are getting better with it but it just seems to actually keep you awake sucking on it, or wakes you up when it falls out. I'm a little torn because you constantly suck your fists and have managed to get your thumb in your mouth a few times, but I really don't want you to be a thumb sucker - I can't take your thumb away like I can a paci ;)

- LOVE your swing and usually take most of your naps during the day in it.

- like to lay on your blanket while your sister "reads" you story books.



Since I didn't start blogging from the get-go with Mallory, I'm going back a bit to jot down a few milestone/memories I want to remember on here.

- Gave her first smile to Lilly while she was singing "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star" to her at 1.5 months. Ever since then she's been a smiling machine!

- had her first ER trip and hospital stay four days before she turned 2 months old. Poor girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment