Well, I came home from work last night to a house that smelled like burnt coffee. No, Geoff didn't burn the beans (he actually knows what he's doing!). Come to find out, roasting your own coffee doesn't have the same fragrant smell as brewing it. Once I got past the smell, I actually learned a little something. There's a lot that goes into roasting coffee beans - 1st and 2nd crack, all the different roasts, etc.
Here's his light roast:

Here's his dark roast:

I must say that I am proud of him. He took his coffee in for a taste test at work and everyone was very impressed and said that it tasted very good. He works with a pretty honest group, so I'm sure there was no sugar-coating going on. It looks like he may be on to something...
How exciting! I knew he was talking about doing this but I didn't realize how serious he really was about it. too cool! I'm available for "taste-testing". :) Laura
ReplyDelete