Saturday, April 4, 2009

Introducing Lilly

Yesterday Geoff, Lilly and I went to Stetson so we could introduce her to the "Stetson fam". We had a very nice visit. It was so good to see all of my coworkers. I really miss them. It's like I told Geoff, I don't miss the work, I miss (some of) the people. Lilly did get a little fussy but calmed down when I held her in her favorite position..."dangle baby" (I basically drape her body along my forearm and she just hangs). Of course, everybody gushed over her which made Geoff and I feel proud. Who wouldn't gush over our little girl, right? ;)

We planned our visit well because it was also the dedication of a new art building on campus so we got to go to that as well. It was our "social event of the month" so far ;) Really though, it was such a beautiful day out and Geoff and I enjoyed the fresh air. Thankfully Lilly slept through the dedication. I was actually a little nervous about walking over to the dedication because I could just picture Lilly belting out a screaming cry while our president or a trustee delivered remarks. We did skip out early from the dedication because we hadn't eaten lunch yet and it was 2pm. After feeding Lilly in the car we stopped at Bellini's for our favorite pepperoni stromboli. It wasn't until then that I realized how much I miss having an occasional soda. You just can't eat stromboli without soda, but I did, and it's definitely not the same experience. Oh well, I guess that's one of the small sacrifices I have to make as a mom now. I definitely don't want to upset Lilly's stomach with caffiene...she's already fussy enough!

All in all we had a good day. I'm glad that my coworkers got to meet Lilly and it was nice to see all of them again. We'll have to plan another trip up before my actual "return to work" date.


No comments:

Post a Comment