Lilly had her 2 month check-up last week. I'll try to remember everything for you...
Our little girl is growing so fast! She weighed in at 13.6lbs, is 24 1/4 inches long and her head circumference is the same - 15 3/4 cm. She's in the 95th percentile for both her weight and length - she is our A++ baby (a joke from one of our hospital nurses).
Lilly was in a very good mood for Dr. Lewis and chatted up a storm. She also put on a show and raised her head sky high. I was happy about that because lately during tummy time all she wants to do is lay there and suck on her fists! Dr. Lewis also said she has great tracking with her eyes and good reflexes; she kept grasping the tongue depressor.
Lilly also got her first vaccines at this appointment. She had one oral dose and one shot. She did well overall. She took the oral vaccine well but I don't think she liked the taste that much. She let out quite the cry when she got her shot, but as soon as Geoff picked her up she stopped and just looked around the room. She was pretty groggy the rest of the day and the following day too.
One thing we did find out is that Lilly has cradle cap. It's basically like baby dandruff. She doesn't have a bad case thankfully, just a little patch on the crown of her head. I've heard of some cases that get so bad the baby's head starts to smell...eek! Dr. Lewis told us just to brush her head when we bathe her and then afterwards too. She said at this point the less intervention, the better. So no need to rub baby oil all over our little girl's head!
Dr. Lewis also noticed that Lilly has a "side preference". Meaning, she prefers to look to her right side, which could lead to a flat spot on her head. Thankfully she doesn't have one yet, but to prevent it we are supposed to encourage her to look to the left. Easier said than done, but we're working on it. It's hard at nap and bedtimes though because she's so used to sleeping on her right side. We've tried putting her on her left side to sleep and she doesn't like that at all. So we've slowly started moving her to her back and it is working out ok.
Overall it was a good appointment - Lilly is happy and healthy! We go back next month for some more shots since we're doing a delayed vaccine schedule.
7 months ago
I have noticed that Teagan too like to look to the right. I am constantly trying to change the way that she is looking. :) I also switch her position everytime I lay her down or I try to. Sometimes I don't remember which way she was facing.
ReplyDelete