Sunday, May 17, 2009

Lilly's new trick

So I just realized that the title of this post makes Lilly seem like a pet instead of our child! I don't know what else to call it other than a trick. I guess I could call it Lilly's new discovery. Anyways, on with the post.

Lilly has discovered her feet. No, she's not walking yet. But she sure does love to lay on her back and bring her legs up so she can grab her feet. This is both a blessing and some what of a curse. The blessing is she can entertain herself forever now, which allows us time to get things done around the house. She'll just lay on a blanket and grab her toes, or on her activity mat. She's also realizing now when she hits the little toys on her activity mat that she's the one causing them to make noise, so she'll do it over and over again. The curse side is that she wakes herself up more often now. I'll walk into her nursery because she's stirring and I'll find her with both of her legs straight up in the air and she's trying to grab them with her eyes closed! What the heck is that?! It also makes it a little more difficult to get her in her car seat at times. She'll curl her body up like a little rolly-polly trying to grab her legs while I'm trying to get her buckled in. It's actually quite funny!

No comments:

Post a Comment