Two Saturdays ago we went to my little brother's Graduation Open House at my mom's place. Lilly and I went over early to help my mom finish preparing food and get everything set out. Well, she played with my mom's dog while we did all the work ;) Overall we had a great time. It was fun to hang out with my brothers and see our kids run around, and good to see old family friends. For the most part, the older kids spent the day wakeboarding and being on the lake. Isn't it funny that I still call them kids when they've graduated from school? I can't help it - my brother will always be a kid to me. Lilly spent most of the day on the back porch playing with the ice in the coolers and transporting it to various potted plants. I was worried how she would do since she only took a 45 minute nap in my mom's nursery but she stayed up until almost 9pm at my mom's...mostly because a few guests hung around so she had an audience.
The following Wednesday Geoff had off so we decided to make it a family day and do nothing related to work or school. We ended up going to the beach with our friends Jenn, Kevin and their daughter Trista. This was Lilly's first time at the beach and she absolutely LOVED it. She was a little whiny on the way there and I was afraid she wasn't going to enjoy it if she was tired. As soon as we got there the whining stopped and she was nonstop! She loved the sand and even tried eating it twice! And she was obsessed with the water! She would run towards the water any chance she got and kept wanting to go deeper and deeper into the waves. A few times she had a wave crash close to her and it would splash her face. I thought she would cry or not like it and she just laughed and kept going. Unfortunately my camera died right after taking a few pictures so I don't have many photos, but I do have some video. I may try and upload it later because Uncle Kevin was giving the girls some "derby wagon" rides and it was so funny.
Thursday I had to doing more wedding planning for the NYE wedding I'm working on so Jenn watched Lilly for me so I could go to some uninterrupted appointments. Then they joined us later for dinner and playtime.
The rest of the week was pretty normal, plus I'm running out of time as I sit here updating you all and see Lilly pulling all of her diapers off the changing table, so that will have to do for now.
No comments:
Post a Comment