That's right, we've hired a roofer to come out and redo our roof. Good news is, he's cutting us a deal because he feels bad that we got the wrong advice. Bad news is he can't come until Monday morning so we have to face the next three days of rain and our laundry room is going to be left in ruins until then.
We're going tonight to buy the supplies and you can bet I'll be speaking with a manager at Lowes. Even the roofer said, "I can't believe that guy told you this would work!". And Geoff told me he never actually spoke with a manager; it was a sales associate who offered the 10% off. Yeah, I expect more of a discount than that after dropping close to $700 (including the materials to try and repatch it) on something we were told would work. Geoff told me I'll have to do the talking because he's too nice and will eventually just conceade. Which is totally true. It's not Geoff's personality to be firm or get argumentative with people, even if they're wrong. Don't get me wrong, I'm not going to go in there with an attitude or anything, but I will tell them what I think they need to do for us. Wish me luck ;)
7 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment