Friday, June 5, 2009

What's with the feet?

When Lilly first discovered her legs she was grabbing them all.the.time. Like I mentioned in an earlier post, this made certain things very interesting. Lilly has always been one of those babies who will learn to do something new, do it a few times, and then get bored with it and want to be able to do something else. So after a week or so of constantly grabbing her legs and throwing them up in the air all the time, she just stopped. Well now she's discovered her feet and let me tell you, her legs are back up in the air again all.the.time! I feel like even more so now than before.

This makes putting her down to nap or bed an interesting feat. She'll wake up in the middle of the night to nurse and fall back asleep on my chest as I burp her and be sound asleep. As soon as I lay her back down in her crib, her legs shoot straight up into the air, sometimes with her eyes closed and sometimes open. Geoff has even heard her stirring before and would go in to check on her and she'd be sleeping with her eyes closed, but grabbing her feet at the same time. It's really the craziest thing I've ever seen! With that comes the difficult task of keeping a blanket on her so she doesn't get cold. Every time I go in it's either bunched up around her waist or down by her feet. What am I supposed to do? I don't want her to get cold. At night I can put her in a sleep sack since our swaddling days are over, but what about during the day? I know during the day it doesn't get as cold, but I'm one of those people who likes to have a blanket on me whenever I'm going to nap or sleep, regardless of the temperature. It just helps me sleep better, and so I think Lilly likes it too. (is that weird of me?) I guess I'll just let her keep kicking it off and I'll keep covering her back up. In the mean time, if you have any suggestions, I'm open to them.

1 comment:

  1. When Hannah found her feet (and she was a HUGE feet baby - constantly with them in her mouth), she would pull off her socks. I am not too big on the blankets (for various reasons), so I would put her down in her socks with pants on over her onesie (for naps) - she would also sleep with her body folded in half with her feet up by her face, and wake up with her socks off with little icy feet. So I got her some Baby Legs - they're baby leg warmers, sold at Target for about $10, the best investment I have ever made - and would put those on over her socks so she couldn't pull them off. I also put socks on under her sleepers at night.

    I hope this is helpful! My daughter was OBSESSED with her feet - so she wore her babylegs all the time... until they were lost. I was very upset. They're really cute and light enough for Florida weather. They're also great as they start crawling.

    ReplyDelete