Monday, August 3, 2009

Happy 5 Months!

I took Lilly to get her 5 month shots today, all by myself. Geoff normally goes with us but he's working today. The reason I made her appointment for a day that he's on shift is because last time she got shots she didn't cry. So I figured that now that she has a little more meat on her bones, she won't cry for her shots anymore and I would be able to handle it - wrong! Granted, we didn't get the nurse we normally have, who is like a shot ninja. Seriously, she's so fast Lilly doesn't even know she's gotten shots until they're over with. So Lilly gets her shots and bursts into tears and all I can do is hold her little hands while she gives the second shots. I felt so helpless, like I couldn't comfort my little girl while she was in pain. When I was able to pick her up she calmed down but she still had this sad look on her face like, "Please don't ever let them do that to me again, Mommy." This was a shots-only appointment, but they weighed her beforehand (I don't remember them doing that in the past) and Lilly has gained almost 2lbs. in a month. She weighs 18lbs! I don't know if that's a lot or not, but I feel like 2lbs. in a month is a lot. Though thinking about it, she did have her clothes and shoes on, so maybe she's closer to 17.5lbs.

I really can't believe that 5 months has gone by already. It really is going by too fast. I just know that I'm going to be one of those mom's who gets too attached
to their kids because I already get sad when I think about her growing up and going off to college (My mom tells me that's what the teenage years are for!). She is growing so big, so fast though. She's rolling around, making all kinds of noises, wanting to study and grab everything in sight, trying to sit up by herself, and eating solids (I can't even think about introducing a sippy cup yet!), I'm filled with mixed emotions. I guess it really is about her becoming more independent and needing to rely on me less and less, or maybe she'll just rely on me in different ways? Regardless, I'm excited to watch her grown into a little lady.

With Lilly turning 5 months, I also realized that she's going to be 1 in 7 months. Duh, way to state the obvious right? Well I have a lot to d
o in the next 7 months, one of them being starting Lilly's baby scrapbook. I told myself that I would have it done in time for her 1 year birthday party and I am going to get it done. If I don't get it started now, I'll never start it and everything will end up in a box. So I'm on the hunt for cute scrapbooking supplies!

Here's Lilly at 5 months:

Forget the pictures, I want to play!
Hey, what's that silver thing you're holding in front of your face Mom?

Ok, I'll hold the sign for you

No comments:

Post a Comment