Monday, August 3, 2009

Triathlon Groupies

Geoff completed his first Sprint Triathlon last month and Lilly and I were his groupies. We were up and out the door at 6:45 am to drive down WAY past the airport to watch him do his thing. Having never gone to a triathlon before I didn't really know what to expect so I threw the jogging stroller in the car, loaded up a bag full of PB&J sandwiches for Geoff, and off we went. When I got there there were lots of people everywhere so I loaded Lilly up and we were able to find Geoff before he started his race. We watched him take off on his 1/4 mile swim and got to see him come out of the water. Then we went over to the bike area and got there in time to see him come in from his 12 mile ride. I scurried to the finish line area because I wanted to get a picture of him running across the finish line, only to end up not getting it because my camera was on the wrong setting! It was exciting to see him finish because he'd be training long and hard for it I was so proud of him for completing the race. Not only did he complete it, he came in first for his age group! Watch out Lance Armstrong ;)

In the water before the race
Waiting for Daddy to come out of the waterYou'll have to click on the links. I couldn't import the pics to our blog.
Geoff coming out of the water (Professional Picture)
Geoff on his bike (Professional Picture)
Geoff on his bike again (Professional Picture)

Coming in from the bike portion of the race
Right after he crossed the finish line Lilly and I watching the awards ceremony (Professional Picture)

Geoff with (a tired) Lilly after the award ceremony

No comments:

Post a Comment