Thursday, September 3, 2009

6 Month Stats

Lilly got an A+ from Dr. Lewis today at her check up. She is 19.1 lbs and 27 inches long. I could swear that she weighs more than that, but I guess scales don't lie. That puts her in the 90th percentile for height and 70th for weight. Dr. Lewis says she's going to be tall and lean like her parents.

Other than that, Dr. Lewis told us we need to let her cry-it-out (CIO) at night when she wakes up. I told her that she'll cry for 45+ minutes if we do that and she said that it's normal, that it can even last for 2 hours, but Lilly needs to learn to self-comfort. So I guess we're going to try, but I don't think either of us will last listening to her cry for much more than 45 minutes, especially at 2 or 3 in the morning. I'll keep you posted on our progress, or maybe lack there of...

1 comment:

  1. She told us the same thing. I refuse to do it. That's just me. I have stopped nursing him when he wakes at night. Last night Dave soothed him once, and the next time I went in and rubbed his back and sang to him until he stopped crying (maybe 1 minute) and then gradually moved away over the next few minutes and he went back to sleep for the rest of the night. Hopefully that'll work to get us back to STTN. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete