skip to main |
skip to sidebar
6 Months Old
Can it really be? I keep asking myself that and still can't believe that Lilly is 6 months old already. I don't know why it was so easy to tell people she was 5 months old when they'd ask, but for some reason when I tell people she's 6 months old I always think to myself, "wait, that's not right" for a second and then realize it is. I know one thing, she is certainly keeping me busy. She is so interactive and definitely has a big personality. It's hard to get stuff done around the house because I'm always wanting to play with her, or at times, she will demand that I play with her (if you have kids you totally understand this). She is sitting on her own like a big girl and loves to grab all of her toys. She's definitely found her voice because she screamed the whole time I was shopping at Publix the other day. Yes, I have that child who will let out a loud shriek and then look at you and smile because she knows she's discovered her voice. She also started "talking" this weekend. She'll look at you or one of her toys and say "dadadadada" over and over again, as if you can understand her. It's so cute! I'm sure this means that she'll say "Dada" first when it comes time to associate names with Geoff and me. That's only fitting though because she is a TOTAL daddy's girl. I'm just her mom who carried her for 9 months, labored for 12 hours and has had endless postpartum complications, but I don't think that I will ever get the smiles she gives Geoff. I honestly don't mind though because the smiles are so sweet they even make me melt a little; and I love the fact that she is so obsessed with her daddy. She's also trying to crawl, but can't get it quite yet. She tries so hard to get her legs up underneath her but she just ends up pushing her self backwards, causing her to get frustrated. Tomorrow we go for her 6 month well-baby check up so we'll get to find out how much she weighs and how long she is. I know she's still putting on the poundage because she's been eating like we're going to quit feeding her or something. Just tonight she ate 7 oz...she's never eaten that much before! Maybe it's a growth spurt? I'm really curious to see how long she is because her feet have started hanging over the edge of car seat lately and I'm wondering how much longer she'll be in it before we have to switch her over to the "big girl" car seat. I'll have to keep you all posted. Today my mom and I took Lilly for her 6 month portraits. I didn't anticipate it taking four hours, but they took so many pictures and it was hard to narrow them down. Here are a few we chose (these are unedited, not the actual ones I bought)
Our sweet girl


Lilly loves to play with her rubber ducky, so I had to have this picture!

I love her little plaid shirt and bow! So cute!
ReplyDelete