My attempt to make homemade, well semi-homemade, biscuits this morning didn't turn out like the picture on the box...at all! This is the exact reason I hate cooking with a picture. I think I psych myself out when I have a picture to live up to. But let's get this clear from the start - Bisquick was wrong. I'm sure of it because I had my husband (who can do no wrong in the kitchen) watching me to make sure I didn't mess up. How hard is it to mix 2 1/4 cups of Bisquick mix with 2/3 cup of milk? Well Bisquick will tell you that you should be able to roll out 9 half-inch thick biscuits from that concoction...this is where they're wrong and where the recipe went down hill.
I rolled out the dough as detailed on the recipe and saw that I was only going to get about 4 biscuits. Well we need more than 4 biscuits, so what's the logical thing to do, I asked? Roll them thinner, duh! No, not duh! Rolling them thinner made for some of the densest biscuits I've ever eaten! They still tasted like biscuits, but they're were not fluffy at all. I was a little disappointed, but I still managed to eat 4 of them, so they must not have been too bad :)
7 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment