Making the bed everyday is easy. I was never one to make my bed when I was little. What's the point of making it if you're getting back in it at night? Well Geoff told me he likes getting into a "made" bed so I decided that I would add it to my list and do my best to make the bed for him. Now that I make the bed, I find myslef enjoying getting into a "made" bed at night too.
Blow drying my hair is going well too. As a new mom it's very easy to stop taking care of yourself and I think that I was doing that. Who has time to blow dry their hair when you have a new baby demanding your attention? Plus, I always thought about the other things I could be getting done around the house during the 30-45 minutes it would take me to blow dry and straighten my hair. But I decided that I needed to stop and take the time to focus on me, and I could do that at least once a week, right? So the week I made my list I got my hair cut. With my list in mind, I forced myself to get a cut that required a little maintenance. It's pretty much the same, but shorter and with more layers. So I still pull it back into a ponytail, but also looks like it has style when I do blow dry it. And thankfully my stylist gave me a few pointers on how to take some time off my blow dry time and still get the same look.
We've also begun the landscaping for the front yard! We have our beds mapped out and this weekend we will clear out the bed areas and add some fill dirt because our plants should be coming next week. I'm so excited! I met with our landscape arcitecht (AKA - my brother) and we are going to go with a more "northern" feel in the front yard (per Geoff's request). He's picked out some pretty plants that are low maintenance, because let's not lie, we hate yard work. I'm saving the before pictures until I have the after pictures to share too...so stay tuned!

And finally, I got to cross one thing off my list!! Our back deck has been replaced! Yay! Geoff had to tear it up when we got the house stuccoed so our backyard has been without a deck for almost a year now. I didn't realize how much I missed having a deck until we replaced it. I also forgot about the beautiful breeze that picks up at the house every night at 5pm, so we've been enjoying many dinners outside.
No comments:
Post a Comment