Well, almost nothing. Geoff and I walked 5 miles yesterday trying to get this baby out. I don't know what I was thinking because I wouldn't have walked that far if I wasn't pregnant, so I don't know what made me think it was a good idea to do it 40+ weeks pregnant. I think all it did was make me tired and little emotional today.
We just got back from our appointment. The doctor told me I'm 1-2cm dilated. What does that mean?! I was 1cm last week, so am I 1 or 2 now? I know, I'm just overtired and wanted better news. Thankfully my doctor reassured me he thinks I'm doing the right thing by waiting and not getting induced, so that made me feel better. He also told me that he thinks I'm going to "spontaneously" go into labor on my own, so hopefully I will. We scheduled another appointment for Friday when I'll be 41 weeks so they can do a fluid ultrasound and an NST to make sure it's still safe for her to be in there. I think she's doing fine and just isn't ready yet. When he checked her heart rate with the doppler today, he looked at me and smiled and said, "That's a strong heart rate!" so that made me feel good too. Hopefully we won't make it to Friday's appointment because I'll have delivered by then!
Well, I'm off to take a nap and try to get some rest after yesterday's venture. There will be no walking today, that's for sure!
7 months ago
Hi Geoff and Jenn,
ReplyDeleteI know this is tough waiting, but Alyssa was 12 days late. I truely thought I was going to be the only female pregnant her entire life!! God has his plan. Two days before I was to be induced she came, as beautiful as ever. Hang in there!!
Aunt Annie :)