After dinner last night Geoff wanted to go get a movie from Red Box. Neither of us have ever used one before, but it was quite the experience I must say. First, the sheer terror of having to drive into a Wal-Mart parking lot should be enough to deter ANYONE from renting at a Red Box. If I wasn't pregnant and needing to walk this baby out, I would have never agreed to go with Geoff. We had to park in BFE!
We finally make it through the parking lot and through the doors to hit a long line in front of the Red Box. I would have never expected it to be so popular, but apparently it is. Of course, the two young guys at the machine took forever to pick out their movies, while talking on their cell phones...ugh! Take my lack of patience for incompetent/inconsiderate people before I was pregnant and combine that with being pregnant...let's just say it took a lot of self-control. At this point there were still 6 other people in front of us. Though I do love to people watch, and there's plenty of good watching to do at Wal-Mart, I couldn't take standing in there much longer. Just being in there makes my blood pressure go up.
Finally, I looked at Geoff and he just started laughing at me. I asked him if we could please go home to our NetFlix movie. After waiting in that line, why wouldn't everyone opt for a NetFlix subscription? It's so much more convenient, and actually cheaper. Needless to say, I won't be renting from a Red Box.
7 months ago
I love that you believe that just walking in Walmart makes your blood pressure go up. I feel the exact same way. I hate that place. I know it is cheaper than Target however, Target is so much more peaceful.
ReplyDeleteDid you know that you can't return things to normal Wal-mart that are from Super Walmart? We had some baby gifts given to us from Walmart. So I went to a regular Walmart stood in line for at least 10 minutes only to find out I could not return anything I wanted to. URGH!!! I was super annoyed.
I hope Lilly comes soon, I know I am not looking forward to being in that waiting period you are in now. :) Hopefully, "Cricket" will come early. Although I really don't think that she will.
Have a great day!
Target is so much more pleasant. Really, Wal-Mart's prices aren't that much cheaper than Target. And if you shop sales at Target and Publix you can definitely avoid having to shop at Wal-Mart and not spend anymore than you normally would. Even if it does cost a little more - it's worth my sanity!
ReplyDelete