I just realized that I've really been neglecting this blog (so much for my weekly update on my 101 in 1001 list - I'll get back on track. I promise!); but with everything going on I haven't been able to find the time to sit down and update you all. I know I had mentioned before that I was really busy but never mentioned why. I couldn't exactly tell you why because I was in the process of planning a surprise party for my mom's 60th birthday and didn't want to give away the surprise.
I don't know what I was thinking when I thought it would be a good idea to throw her a party at our house THE DAY BEFORE we were leaving for a week-long road trip, but you only turn 60 once, so why not, right? I do know that I'm glad she only turns 60 once because that's the last surprise party I'll throw for a very long while. Not that I didn't enjoy it, but trying to get us packed for our vacation on top of the party was a bit overwhelming for me. Nonetheless, we pulled it off and she was super surprised!
So the next day we hit the road at 4:30 a.m bound for New York. We had a lot of fun on our road trip. Lilly got to meet another one of her great-grandmas (she has 3! I think it's so cool since I didn't have any great-grandparents) and got to spend lots of time with her Aunt Ann, who took us to a real pumpkin patch. (I'll post more about the trip and pictures later)
When we finally got home I was feeling a bit overwhelmed. I'm not a very good road-tripper. So I sat down and checked me email to unwind a little bit, only to find an email for another freelance project. Don't get me wrong, I'm certainly not complaining at all. I am actually loving all the work. But it was a big project, and needed to be rushed. So I've spent the last 2.5 days working on that and have left our suitcases sitting un-packed by the front door.
So there's my quick update. I'll post more later when things have hopefully slowed down a little bit.
7 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment