Last night was a better night on the sleep/nursing front. We were a bit more successful at keeping Lilly awake longer after feedings during the day so she wouldn't be up all night. She still had a few hours where she wanted to feed every hour, but they were earlier than the night before which made it a bit more tolerable. She slept well starting at 2am and gave us two good chunks of sleep so we're feeling a little refreshed this morning.
We're going to attempt to start a "routine" with her today. Our friends Ron and Jill did this routine with their little girl Anna and had great success, so we're hoping it'll work well for us too. Since Lilly is still so young it really only involves changing her into her jammies at night at the same time and a few other little things. It'll just require Geoff and I to be more stringent in our personal routines, like eating dinner at a decent hour!
I've also realized that I really do need to start taking a late afternoon nap when Lilly is taking hers. I'm good at napping earlier in the day, but by the afternoon there are things that I want/need to take care of and I find it hard to make myself lay down. But, I think that extra bit of rest will help make all the difference in my emotions throughout the night. I know, I've only been home for a week and I need to take it easy, so I'm going to try harder today.
7 months ago
I hear you loud and clear. It's hard to make yourself lay down when there's so much to get done! Sometimes I just want to watch TV or read a magazine or take a bath because it makes me feel "normal," like some part of my old life still exists. It's a balancing act. You'll figure it out- we all will!
ReplyDeleteI know, it feels like the internet and TV are the only things connecting me to the "outside" world right now. I did good yesterday though and took a 2 hour nap and I could definitely tell a difference during last night's feedings, even with losing an hour!
ReplyDelete