Yesterday we took Lilly to her first pediatrician appointment. First off, I have to say that I absolutely LOVE the peds practice that we chose. The doctor that we met with yesterday, Dr. Lewis, was AMAZING!
I know that I've only been a mom for six days, but yes, I am going to brag on our little girl already. The doctor was so impressed with her and her health/progression so far. When she walked into the exam room she said, "Do we have a perfect baby or what?" Lilly has no Jondus, is very alert, has grown 1 1/2 inches so far, and the best part is she is only 1 1/2 oz. away from being back to her birth weight!! I was SO excited to hear that last part. Babies have 2 weeks after they're born to get back to their birth weight and our little girl has done it in the first five days! The doctor even asked me if I was only using breast milk because she just couldn't believe it. She told me that I'm doing an awesome job breastfeeding and encouraged me to keep up the good work. That made me feel so good because just the night before Geoff and I were a little concerened that she may not be getting enough. Hearing that news makes the constant, late-night feedings and pain/tenderness of breastfeeding totally worth it.
I know that we are doing what's best for our little girl and it is such a good feeling. I was gushing for the rest of the day, I'm just so proud!
7 months ago
Isn't the practice awesome? All the Jan/Feb 2009 mommies love it! It sounds like you and Lilly are doing great! As someone going through the same thing as you, I also got a lot of validation from knowing that the sacrifices of breastfeeding are paying off for the baby. It's worth it!
ReplyDeleteYAY, Lilly! Sounds like things are going well for you guys. I can't wait to see how our lives will change in the next month or so. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDelete