Friday, March 13, 2009

First day back

Geoff went back to work at the hospital this past Wednesday, so Lilly and I were left to figure the day out on our own. We didn't do too much, just hung out around the house. The day went better than I thought it would, but I'll admit it was a bit tricky trying to figure out how to eat lunch, etc. while still tending to Lilly. It didn't help that Lilly was a bit fussy and wanting to feed every 45 minutes - 1 hour. I couldn't figure out why either. I thought that I had gotten her used to some vicious nursing cycle, which left me thinking "how am I ever supposed to be able to go out in public with a baby who wants to nurse so often?" Little did I know that she was coming down with a head cold (I'll post more on that later!).

I did manage to fold some laundry and get dinner made before Geoff got home though, so I'd consider it a pretty successful day. I think we were both happy to see dad walk through the door, but I know I was for sure. Not because I was stressed or frazzled, but because I got used to having him home with me for the last 3 - 4 weeks. I missed his company! I know that once Lilly gets into more of a routine my days will be a little easier, but I can't complain because she's great for a baby who's not even 2 weeks old yet.

Overall, it was nice to have a trial run before Geoff goes back on shift next week. Doing 12 hours by myself will have hopefully prepared me for 24 hours...we'll see though.

No comments:

Post a Comment